Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Lazy Summer Day

Well, It may not quite be summer yet, but it feels like it. It is warm for this time of year in my neck of the woods, much warmer than I like it. We don't have our air conditioning hooked up yet, hopefully soon, so everybody is warm. I feel kind of like the polar bears in the summer, here, when it's in the 90s. All they do is lay around. I've been working away at my computer all day, trying not to do a lot of moving around. It's 86 degrees outside right now. The house was rather warm this morning whe I got up and Duncan, one of the dogs, was already panting. It's also getting more humid now and that is what really gets to me. I plugged in the little fan and put it on the floor. Before long, Snickers, the chocolate lab, was laying in front of it. We have 5 dogs in the house right now, 4 of them ours. We have a Pommeranian, (an old Pommeranian), an old Papillion, a Golden mix, a Black Lab, and we are dogsitting a Chocolate Lab. We also have 3 cats in the house. Everybody is sleeping right now, except for me. There are dogs sprawled out all over! Cats are sleeping in windows and even the little Degus are sleeping in their cage. Yawn. I'm getting tired just thinking about it. :-) Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler but rainy. Even the horses hide from the sun when it gets this warm. I think I'll stay inside by the fan.

Here's a little trivia fact for you. We homeschool our daughter and had her look up Polar Bears not too long ago. One of the facts about Polar Bears is that they don't move very fast because if they do, they overheat. They walk very slowly, even in the cold weather, in their natural habitat, and they have to rest every so often so they don't overheat. My daughter has a coat that came from the Ukraine, I believe it is, and she calls it her Polar Bear coat because it is so warm. She can only wear it when it is below zero out or she overheats.

No comments: