Monday, March 19, 2007

Spring is coming

It's 52 degrees out right now as I write. That's not bad for this time of year here in the midwest. It sure makes for a lot of mud everywhere, though. The driveway by the barn is worse than it's ever been and we can only go halfway. Even halfway is hard to drive. I wouldn't mind walking the rest of the driveway so much but it makes it hard to carry grain and hay. I'm not as strong as I used to be and I have fibromyalgia so it seems no matter how much lifting I do, I just don't seem to get stronger.

Spring also means vet bills. It's time to check the dogs for heartworm and get their meds for the year and horse shots, some of which we can do on our own but some can only be done by the vet. Spring is also usually very hard on our old girl, Kasha. She is allergic to the gnats so gets big weepy areas on her. We have had to give her cortisone all summer for the past 2 summers. Poor Girl. She also has to wear a fly sheet to protect her from the bugs.

No comments: