Thursday, June 14, 2007

Kittens and our old dog

A couple of days ago, my friend from down the road, emailed me and said she had 5 kittens with no mother. In case you haven't guess by now, I'm a sucker for just about any critter so I said I'd take them and feed them but she has to take them back when they're old enough to be on their own. The next morning, our little Pommeranian, Fritz, had a big, heavy plug fall on him and then he couldn't walk. His backend would swing to the right and he'd fall down. He'd take a few steps and fall. I took him to the vet yesterday afternoon and they did x-rays. She couldn't find anything obvious so put him on an anti-inflammatory and antibiotics to try to cover all bases. Today, he is better and is walking. He still falls some but he is walking much better than yesterday. I'm very thankful for that because I din't think I could lose another dog so soon after losing Pepper.

No comments: