Monday, February 12, 2007

Pay to Post

It's 24 degrees out right now. We got another 2" or so of snow with more predicted for tonight and tomorrow. At least it's warmer!

I just signed up with another pay-to-post forum site called Dorm Check. People on MyLot and on Dorm Check are comparing the two sites, and, of course, asking which is better. I think for $ paid per post, MyLot is better if your responses are of a decent quality. That means, not just yes, no or I don't know type answers. I only have 71 posts and my earnings are at $2.89. I know, nothing to write home about but the amount of work I put in isn't that great either. I check out the discussions while I'm doing other things, see if there's anything that catches my eye and maybe reply to a couple of discussions. Every now and then I'll start a discussion if something pops into my head.

Dorm Check has multiple ways to earn. They only pay 1 cent per post so to get the same $2.89 at Dorm Check, from posting alone, I'd have to have 289 posts! That's a lot of posts! Quality doesn't matter as much for getting paid although other members get upset with spam type answers so you really do need to give a decent reply. They have grab bags where you can win money or advertising, you can get paid to do google searches, you get paid to log in (not much but something), get paid to click on links and you can buy referrals and earn from those too.

I like the way MyLot is laid out over Dorm Check. Why not just do both? You can make a little at each one.

2 comments:

Hari said...

hi ! your blog looks cool , but im pity confused about what you are blogging about ? i find info about agloco , mylot ,dormcheck, credit cards etc. really this makes a confusion in my mind. i believe your blog got no subject to aim and no theme to follow.
im blogging about cell phones , if got time check my blog and leave a comment there on how you feel about my blog. its http://mobilecatcher.blogspot.com
check it out...

Linda said...

Thanks for your comment. The blog is about a little of everything from making money online to whatever is on my mind. That's why I called it potluck. You never know what you'll find.