Monday, May 26, 2008

Thoughts

I recently visited my sister-in-law who lives about 1 1/2 hrs away. It's just at that range where it's hard to get out and visit each other so we don't see each other much. Sharon is the sister I never had. When I'm down, she always has a Scripture verse for me and an encouraging word. It was a very relaxing time and we got to talking about family and how we often don't stay in touch like we'd like. I commented that the older I get, the more I realize that life is all about the relationships we have. Our relationship with God has to be first and needs to be continually growing and then it's the people in our lives that are important, well, and for me, my pets are important too. :-) At the end of our lives, when we are in a nursing home, it won't be the car that comes to see us, or our house that comes to see us but, the people that we've taken time to build a bond with. It's the people that will call to brighten our day or send a card or come and visit. I try to stay in touch one way or another with my family and friends even though it is usually not as much as I'd like. If I don't call, I try to send an email just to stay in touch. Today was Memorial Day and my son and daughter came over, my husband's parents and my sister-in-law. We had a wonderful time. The weather was beautiful and it was a wonderful day. There were more happy memories created to think back on over the years.

No comments: