Thursday, January 17, 2008

Into the Freezer!

The other day the weather was very mild. Erica decided to take Kasha out for a ride. She said that she did pretty good. She was a little spooky but, she doesn’t get out a lot and she has uveitis so that isn’t a big surprise. Today started out in the 30s and then we got snow. We didn’t get a lot of snow here. Most of the snow was north of us. Once the snow stopped, the temperature started dropping. I visited a friend from church today who had surgery a few days ago. When I went in to her house it was in the 30s and when I came back out a couple of hours later it was about 19. The doors on my car were almost frozen shut and the windows are frozen. I picked Erica up so we could go to the barn to feed and one of the straps on Midnight’s light blanket was frozen so I had to warm it with my hand and the snap on the gate was frozen. We put their warm blankets on because it is supposed to get very cold tonight with strong winds. Kasha and Chester are inside for the night. I managed to slam my arm against the wagon running after Chester tonight. It’s starting to hurt and will probably bruise.

We are supposed to be very cold, around 10 below zero for the next couple of nights. Highs Sat and Sun are only supposed to be around zero or 2 above. Monday is supposed to be better. At least the bitter cold is not predicted to last long. I can’t even imagine 100 below. This is plenty cold enough for me!

To update my newest additions to my earn from home portfolio, Bux.to is looking good. I got my referrals very quickly and all but
2 seem to be active and clicking. I am earning at a pretty decent rate with it. I am still pretty happy with Daily Clicks. I would like to see some referral packages for sale. Bux3 has a lot of ads every day so is looking pretty good also. 2Bux is still in prelaunch and I have bought a small referral package which has been delivered. There won’t be any ads until Feb. 1.

I joined another program but I’m still getting it set up so will write about it later. We had chili for dinner tonight, good thing to have on a cold night, and there is a fire in the fireplace. I’m looking forward to the warmup on Monday. We have a soup and appetizer night going on at church this weekend. I think the soups will be very popular. It’s supposed to be subzero temps Saturday.

No comments: